Monday, June 30, 2008

Le Restaurant


It has been three days since we returned to Nepal. I was hoping to get some mental rest here and catch up with some backlot and work planning for the coming peak season. However for the last 2 days, we were somehow trying to settle back into our life here and suffering from fatique at the same time. Hence we did not achieve much in terms of work but spent more time talking to family and staff.

Today as we woke up at 6:30am (nepal time), we decided to take a break from the usual routine and have our breakfast at Annapurna Hotel – our usual hangout for coffee breaks and occasionally breakfast. We took time to catch up with the local news and political development while enjoying our favourite croissant and cappucino.

Next we hopped on to our grocery shopping at Bhat Bhateni, the Kathmandu’s version of Carrefour. Feeling drained after our intensive rounds from the first to fourth levels of the mall, we stopped by Le Restaurant for lunch. I ordered our favourite Chicken Wings On Fire, Spaghetti Bolognaise and two ice lemon tea. The chicken wings have been on my order list since I discovered it in my few visits last year. What’s so special about it? The flavour, the presentation and THE CHILLI. The ice tea was a pleasant surprise.I believe it’s the sweet lime (used commonly here for drinks) did the trick. It gave a subtle frangrance to the otherwise plain ice tea. That,coupled with aesthetics, made the drink really ‘cool’ (pun fully intended). The Spaghetti Bolognaise was very well done in my opinion but alas, we were quite full after the chicken wings and could not enjoy the wonderful pasta. If you have the chance to come here, I’ll recommend their coffee. It always makes my afternoon relaxing sipping a well-made cup of coffee and catching up with a copy of the Nepal Travel Trade Report.

Well, it was back to work after lunch.

As always, I look forward to my next visit to Le Restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment